GMS Tourism Ministers’ Meeting (TMM)
About the meeting in brief:
The GMS Tourism Ministers’ Meeting is held whenever the ASEAN Tourism Forum takes place in one of the GMS countries. The day before the Tourism Ministers’ Meeting, GMS NTOs are convened in order to prepare allproceedings for the following day.
The Ministers will:
• Give policy directions to the GMS Tourism Working Group on its program and projects;
• Champion the subregional tourism strategy and action plan to their respective government;
• Provide recommendations for presentation at GMS summits;
• Review progress on the implementation of the strategy and recommend adjustments as necessary.
The objective of Tourism Ministers’ Meeting is to provide leadership and policy guidance to the implementation of the GMS Tourism Sector Strategy.
The GMS Tourism Ministers’ Meeting is composed of tourism ministers of the 6 GMS countries; Cambodia, China PRC (Yunnan & Guangxi Provinces), Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand, Viet Nam
GMS Tourism Ministers’ Meeting summary of Proceedings:
- 17 January 2011, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, Third GMS TMM
- 9 January 2009, Ha Noi, Viet Nam; Second GMS Tourism Ministers’ Meeting,